President and Lead Family Law Attorney
Former Family Court Commissioner Ginger Murray offers over 25 years of family law experience to clients. As a Commissioner, Ginger presided over divorce and paternity cases in which she decided custody, placement, child support as well as abuse and harassment restraining order/injunction hearings. As legal advocate, Ginger provides competent and compassionate representation for clients with family law matters, including: adoptions for stepparents, child support, custody, divorce, grandparent's rights/guardianship, marital property/prenuptial agreements, mediation, paternity, and placement. Ginger helps many clients with diverse needs, including cordial couples seeking amicable divorces, abused clients needing their rights protected, parents wanting more time with or needing to protect children, parents being falsely accused of abuse and spouses needing to protect business interests, real estate, pension/retirement plans and other assets.
“It's a great pleasure to help clients obtain a divorce without a battle, when appropriate. In those cases, clients are generally more satisfied with the process as they have more control over the results. However, formal court proceedings are required in some cases, such as those involving alcohol/drug abuse, unequal income, or special concerns for a child. Because I have either presided over or litigated thousands of cases, I am very prepared to be as aggressive as your case demands.”
Areas of Practice
Whether through collaborative efforts (settlement conferences or mediation) or arbitration or litigation, Ginger Murray has over 25 years of experience in the following family law matters: child support, custody, divorce, grandparent’s rights/guardianship, guardian ad litem, legal separation, maintenance, mediation, modification of family orders, paternity, placement, post-judgment disputes, prenuptials, post nuptials (Marital Property Agreements), and other related family law issues.
Personal and Professional Volunteer Work
· Anti-Bullying Collaborative of Sun Prairie, Inc. (ABCofSP), Chair
· Sun Prairie High School Gymnastics Booster Club, President
· State Bar of Wisconsin Office of Lawyer Regulation Investigator: 3rd term/Committee Chairperson
· Sun Prairie “Storm” Swim Team Board Member/Secretary
· Crandon Lion’s Club: Past President
· Borrenson V. Yunto, 713 N.W.2d 656 (Wis.App. 2006): Published decision which makes it clear that when one parent is found to have intentionally and unreasonably interfered with the other parent’s court ordered placement, the court SHALL require the offending parent to pay the other parents attorney fees/costs and the guardian ad litem’s fees/costs.
· Supreme Court of the State of Wisconsin (11/20/1996)
· United States District Courts:
· Eastern District of WI (2/6/1998)
· Western District of WI (5/5/2011)
· Northern District of IL (7/1/2011)
Professional Associations, Awards and Memberships
· Martindale Hubbell Rating: AV “Preeminent” Peer Review Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence
· AVVO.com Rating 10.0
· Super Lawyer of Wisconsin Honoree
· Wisconsin Inter-Professional Committee on Divorce (Board Member)
· Association of Family and Conciliatory Courts, Founding Member, Board Member
· Delegate: World Congress on Family Law and Children’s Rights (2017 Dublin, Ireland)
· State Bar of Wisconsin
· Dane County Bar Association
· State Bar of Wisconsin, Family Law Section
· State Bar of Wisconsin, Children in the Law Committee (Past Chair)
· State Bar of Wisconsin, Section Leaders Counsel
· James F. Doyle Inns of Court
· Legal Association for Women
· Fellow of Wisconsin Law Foundation
· Mississippi College School of Law, Jackson, Mississippi, 1995, J.D.
· University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, 1992, B.A. Behavioral Science and Law, Honors: Certificate in Criminal Justice
· Return 17-Year-Olds to Juvenile Court, Wisconsin Lawyer, June 2007
· Restraining Orders, Wisconsin Woman, August 2008
· Moderator for “As Family Court Judges See It: Top Mistakes Attorneys Make in Litigating Divorce”, National Business Institute (2015, 2016 and 2017)
· Family Law Fundamentals, Wisconsin Solo and Small Firm Conference (2012)
· Child Custody and Visitation, National Business Institute, December 2007
· Basic Divorce 101, 26th Annual Family Law Workshop, State Bar of Wisconsin, Family Law Section, August 2007
Past Employment Positions
· Forest County, Circuit Court Commissioner, 1999-2004
· Forest County, Family Court Commissioner, 1999-2004
· Oneida County, Family Court Commissioner, 2001-2004
· City of Crandon, City Attorney, 1999-2004
· Murray Law Office, General Practitioner, 1996-2004
· Lawton & Cates, SC 2004-2014 (Past President, Chairperson of the Board, and shareholder)
Ratings & Reviews
When it comes to your future and your children you look for quality and experience and with Megan you will get that. I found cheaper options but in this industry and with your children you don’t want cheap, you want GOOD. While each case ...
When it comes to your future and your children you look for quality and experience and with Megan you will get that. I found cheaper options but in this industry and with your children you don’t want cheap, you want GOOD. While each case is different you can feel confident that Megan is dependable and will be there when needed, and with her education will get you the best result possible. She is organized in the court room and will leave you feeling prepared. She will answer your question even if it’s for the 100th time. While most of us are struggling to pay lawyer bills this is one that impacts my budget but I do not complain because I know they I’m in good hands. I’d recommend her to anyone!!! She is honest and truly good at what she does. She understands the law and it’s interpretation well. While I would prefer to keep her knowledge for myself to make it easier to get on her calendar (selfish I know ;) )I have to acknowledge her and Erika.
Ginger and her supporting staff is the real deal. She responds, comforts you and makes sure you know she's working on the case. Ginger is very particular and provides a wonderful experience and reassures that you and your children are numbe...
Ginger and her supporting staff is the real deal. She responds, comforts you and makes sure you know she's working on the case. Ginger is very particular and provides a wonderful experience and reassures that you and your children are number 1. Seeing her in action was quite the shock and awe moment I needed to see to help me feel 100% confident in my case (against a dirty attorney in the Rock County area). Great job Ginger and thank you for everything you've done for me and my family!
She cares a lot about her clients are has great service! I’d recommend her services to anyone in the area
Megan showed compassion when addressing my needs and also the needs of my children. She was also prompted in returning my calls. She cares for her clients and fights for them. I was very happy with the results. She was fantastic! Great atto...
Megan showed compassion when addressing my needs and also the needs of my children. She was also prompted in returning my calls. She cares for her clients and fights for them. I was very happy with the results. She was fantastic! Great attorney!
We are so happy we hired Megan for our custody case. She was well prepared, organized, and openly communicated what to expect. Megan is very informed and knowledgeable regarding the law and showed that during our trial. Whenever we had a qu...
We are so happy we hired Megan for our custody case. She was well prepared, organized, and openly communicated what to expect. Megan is very informed and knowledgeable regarding the law and showed that during our trial. Whenever we had a question or clarification she was straight to the point and made sure we knew all our options. We would highly recommend Megan to potential future clients.